Good oral and maxillofacial health is the success of the Department.
Produce graduates and dental personnals with knowledge, responsibility
and ethics and development of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a leading
department with international standard and excellence in academic, research
and service and is a learning center for quality of life and society.
1. Provide education and produce graduate in dentistry with
international standard, eager to learn, having creativity, moral, ethics
and good professional conduct.
2. Promote and support research of international standard to create new
knowledge, innovation and application.
3. Develop and provide academic and public service to promote good oral
hygiene of the people.
4. Promote and support Thai tradition and arts and culture to be part
of life style.
5. Have good management, efficient, just. Transparent, and accountable
by using in formation system and network.
Objective of the Department :
1. Provide teaching and learning in oral and maxillofacial knowledge to
produce graduates and dental personnels at pre and postgraduate levels.
Graduate should be able to seek knowledge, have creative and analytical
thinking, moral ethics and good professional conduct.
2. Promote and support research in oral and mixillofacial surgery. Develop
knowledge and application in teaching and learning, care and social service.
3. Service and treatment in oral and maxillofacial surgery with quality
and efficiency. Collaborate with other health personnels.
4. Provide academic service to public to learn about oral and maxillofacial
surgery and how to benefit from it and be able to take care of oneself
5. Promote moral, ethics and support arts and culture of the country.
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is responsible for teaching
and learning about the subject and carry on research and service in oral
and maxillofacial surgery which includes :
1. Tooth extraction
2. Minor surgery
2.1 Impacted /Embedded tooth removal
2.2 Preprosthetic surgery
2.3 Oral pathologic lesion
3. Major surgery
3.1 Orthognathic surgery, Craniofacial deformity
3.3 Cyst, Benign and malignant tumor
3.4 Reconstructive surgery
4. Dental implant
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery has 1 dental clinic,
2 small and 2 large operation rooms with total anesthetic equipments for
surgery and provide total anesthesia for the Department of Pediatric Dentistry
as well. The academic activities include teaching and learning for dental
students, post graduate training and specialized training. For doctorate
degree, training is offered to those who are staffs of the Department
and emphasizes research and internship. The research activities include
biomaterial, bone research and clinical research.