- February 28, 2018 – Abstract Submission Site Opens
- April 20, 2018 – Abstract Submission Site Closes
- May 1, 2018 – Abstract Notifications Emailed to Presenters
- May 15, 2018 – Presenter Pre-registration Deadline
Important Submission Elements
Titles: Abstract titles are limited to 20 words or less. The title should be dynamic and conclusive, rather than descriptive, and should be entered in title case format, AP format.
Authors: Enter first (given) name, and last (family/surname) name for each author plus institution/affiliation. One person must be identified (*) as the presenting author.
Abstract Text: All abstracts should be 300 words or less. When composing your text, be sure to use a word processor (MS Word, save as .doc or .docx) in order to save your abstract in advance.
Original article, or case series/report is acceptable.
Submit abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
3.POSTER PRESENTATION TIMES
The poster session will be held at the Congress Room (Debaratana Auditorium), Level 4. Use the schedule below for mounting, presenting and removing posters:
Poster Set-up Time: 12.00 pm – 1.30 p.m., June7, 2018
Presentation Date: 7-8 June, 2018 (available for viewing all days)
Poster Tear-down Time: Thursday, 8 June, 2018 all poster must be removed after the end of session at 5.30 pm.
4.Guidelines for Poster Presentation
You are required to stay at your poster at your assigned presentation time only, but not during the entire viewing time. You must stay at your poster for the duration of the session. Co-authors and/or mentors may be available to assist in answering questions; however, they may not present the paper.
Posters must remain up until the time specified.
The committees will not be responsible for posters and materials left on poster boards after the stated hours.
You must set up and tear down your poster during the designated times. No exceptions will be allowed.
Presenters are requested to have copies of their presentation available as handouts. This is not mandatory, just an option for the presenter, to increase the impact of the presentation.
5.POSTER PREPARATION GUIDELINES
Poster Size and Design
Use the following instructions when preparing your poster:
- Dimensions of the poster board are 90 cm width x 150 cm height, and the board will be used vertically. Please include your Presentation number # (provided approximately one week after the presenter pre-registration deadline) in the top right corner in your poster materials; make it large enough to make it easy for people to find your presentation.
- Your display should include your “presentation number” of the abstract, title, and author(s).
- You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photography, etc. Figures should be designed to be viewed from a distance and should use clear visible graphics and large type. Color can be effective if used sparingly; use saturated dark colors on white background and rich, bright colors on dark backgrounds.
- Attach a small photograph of yourself to the poster so that other participants can recognize you as the presenter.
Pushpins, Velcro or tape to adhere you poster to the board are provided on site.